“Dr. Sankar Dasmahapatra is an Infertility specialist providing the Best Infertility treatment in Kolkata for more than 20 years and is attached with best Infertility clinics and hospitals in Kolkata. If you are looking for ectopic tubal pregnancy treatment , recurrent pregnancy loss treatment, Recurrent miscarriage treatment in Kolkata, take a wise decision and consult Dr. Sankar Dasmahapatra for pregnancy couselling and get total pregnancy solution in Saltlake Kolkata. Dr. Sankar Dasmahapatra is attahed with High risk pregnancy clinic and Pregnancy testing center in Kolkata”
Recurrent miscarriage, habitual abortion, or recurrent pregnancy loss (RPL) is the occurrence of three or more consecutive pregnancies that end in miscarriage of the fetus before viability. While true recurrent pregnancy loss is rare (0.4%-2%) “Sporadic” miscarriages are not uncommon. Infact approximately 15 percent of pregnant women experience a miscarriage and this number is even higher with advanced maternal and paternal age.
There is also a category of women who had normal pregnancies with intermittent miscarriages. Since those miscarriages are not consecutive, those women are not defined as suffering from “recurrent pregnancy loss” but according to some physicians, still require an evaluation.
1. Previous Miscarriage: after one miscarriage the risk of recurrent miscarriage is 14%-20%. After two miscarriages the risk of recurrent miscarriage is 25% – 30%. After three miscarriages the risk of recurrent miscarriage is 30%-35%.
2. Uterine factor: Uterine factor is responsible for 15%-20% of cases of recurrent pregnancy loss. Congenital malformation of the uterus: Uterine septum, Bicornuate uterus, Uterine adhesions, Uterine polyps or fibroids.
3. Immunological factors: Antiphospholipid syndrome being the most common one and responsible for 5%-15% of recurrent pregnancy loss. Other immunological factors such as natural killer are very controversial.
4. Genetic factors: Chromosome rearrangement (3%-5% of recurrent pregnancy loss).
5. Decreased ovarian reserve and advanced maternal and paternal age.
6. Male Factor Infertility.
7. Infections – infection with CMV, Toxoplasma and other organisms are usually responsible for sporadic pregnancy loss as opposed to recurrent pregnancy loss.
8. Environmental – coffee, drug use, tobacco use.
9. Unknown: in 50% of cases ofrecurrent pregnancy loss, an underlying etiology can not be found.
• uterine cavity
• immunological testing
• Sperm testing (genetic testing and hormonal testing).
One of the most important steps in treating recurrent pregnancy loss is to identify the underlying cause. While there are many physicians who can perform testing for recurrent pregnancy loss, it is recommended that the evaluation for recurrent pregnancy loss be performed and interpreted by a Best fertility specialist in Kolkata. Once the underlying cause is identified, most cases of recurrent pregnancy loss can be treated relatively easily. If the patient is found to have a uterine septum, the septum can be removed with a simple and quick surgical procedure. After completing the procedure, the uterine cavity is restored to its normality. If a chromosomal rearrangement is found as the cause for recurrent pregnancy loss, the patient can undergo In Vitro Fertilization with Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis in which embryos are tested for their chromosome arrangement and only healthy embryos are transferred back into the uterus. Finally, if an immunological process is found, the patient can be treated with specific medications prescribed by best infertiliry specialist in kolkata Dr. Sankar Dasmahapatra.
It is most important is to contact Dr. Sankar Dasmahapatra, Best fertility doctor in Kolkata who is experienced in the treatment of recurrent miscarriage to achieve the appropriate help and successful pregnancy.